Parent Seminar Series (online)
RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
Sundays 4PM PST (=Sundays 7PM EST = Mondays 9AM KST)
Seminar Length: 90 min
- Oct. 10 Seminar: All about Reading
- What is okay to read? What should we read?
- How to support my child with what questions in reading?
- How to talk about their reading and further the points?
- Nov. 14 Seminar: Essay Writing Part 1
- What needs to be there?
- How would or can parents help students?
- Dec. 12 Seminar: Programs for College Prep
- What should my student be involved in?
Jan 16 (Sun) Seminar: Keeping Kids Creative
- How Creative Writing Practices Can Foster Academic Writing Skills
- Examples of creative writing
- What it means to the college prep process
Feb. 5 (Sat) Seminar: Oxford-Cambridge Education
- 2/5 (Sat) 4PM PST = 7PM EST, (=Korea: 2/6 Sun, 9AM KST)
- 45-60 min seminar with Mr. Francis Martin, a teacher from the UK who holds degrees from the University of Oxford and the University of London. He has taught students based in China, Hong Kong, South Korea, and the USA, as well as in his hometown of London.
- Mr. Francis will explain how an ‘Oxbridge-style education’ combines the best of knowledge-based and skills-based approaches. Drawing on his experience in academic institutions in the UK as well as his international teaching practice, he will explain how discussion is an invaluable method for developing critical thinking and consolidating knowledge. In addition, Francis will offer some tips as to how to help students of all ages develop critical thinking skills in conjunction with knowledge acquisition.
- NOTE: There will be a chance to ask questions, and to find out about the English Court Workshop (January court is for Grades 5-9, Sat 1/22, 10AM PST, length: 2 hrs) that Francis offers with Questabox. Studdents who are interested in critical thinking classes, debate clubs, or considering going to Law School in the future, may find this workshop fascinating.
Feb 13 (Sun) Seminar: Timed-Writing, Trips & Tricks
- 2/13 (Sun) 4PM PST = 7PM EST, (=Korea: 2/14 Mon, 9AM KST)
- Other Coming Dates: 3/13, 4/10, 5/15