- University Tutor
- School: Completed B.A. History in Wellesley College, Massachusetts, 2020
- Strength as a tutor:
- Multicultural Perspective: As an American Korean who was raised on both coasts of the U.S., I grew up passing through a variety of communities (or lack thereof). However, my global adventures paired with my studies at Wellesley and Dartmouth College [History major, ‘20] forever changed me. The “mix-and-mash” of colorful people and spaces I encountered over recent years have tested and transformed my ideas of what it means to belong and contribute to something beyond our own selves.
- Unique Teaching Experience: Over the past 9 years, I have been privileged to teach grades 3-12 in Mexico, China, Taiwan, and my local neighborhood. [Past subjects: theatre, mixed martial arts, English, and arts and craft].
- Passionate about Interdisciplinary Thinking: Growing up without television, I became fond of books, fine art, music, and playing sports with my friends and siblings. I believe a good education encourages every individual to combine analytical skills with artistic expressions and serve their local communities.
3 adjectives that best describes you
- Extra-curricular activities
- When I was in college, I enjoyed traveling and competing with my Varsity Track & Field team. Nowadays, I lift or surf with my siblings.
- Especially in quarantine, I appreciate making music with friends and studying languages.
Scheduling your Class:
* Sign up for one session (as a trial): You can directly sign up for one session as a trial on our website. Or you can also skip the trial class. After your payment is made, our admin will send you a confirmation email that connects you and your tutor. After that your tutor will send you a greeting email to schedule a class day/time with you and get ready for your lesson.
* Sign up for one unit (8 sessions): If you confirm that you would like to sign up for one unit (=8 sessions), our admin will send you an invoice and a confirmation email that connects you and your tutor. Your tutor will send you a welcoming email.
Time Zone: EST
Available Time: Availability during school breaks. Please email to confirm.
Students: Elementary, Middle, & High School
- Class 1: HISTORY: Asian American Narratives
- Keywords: high school, history, humanities, asian american, mixed media, art, activism, narrative, project-based learning, the art of storytelling; Josephine's HISTORY Class Schedule
- Class 2: ART AND BEYOND: Explore creativity in yourself and the world
- Keywords: elementary, middle school, ESL-friendly, English immersion, creative, project-based learning, history, mixed media, fine arts, music, humanities; Josephine's CREATIVE ARTS Class Schedule
- Class 3:ACTIVE & SMART: How to eat, work, play, rest,and be well
- Key words: wellness, well-being, fitness/sports, mental health, nutrition/food science, technology, social media, student lifestyle, health awareness; Josephine's WELLNESS Class Schedule
Cancellation and Refund:
- You can cancel the classes any time. The cancellation should be made in advance in writing. The remaining untaught classes after the cancellation notification will be refunded.
- If you unable to attend a class you booked, our cancellation policy will be applied.
- You can cancel a class 24 hours before the start of the scheduled class without penalty.
- If you cancel it within 24 hours of the start time, there is a late cancellation fee ($10).
- If you miss a class without canceling ahead of time, the class will be counted as an absence, and there will be no refunds or rescheduling (100% class fee for the session will be applied) because the tutor’s hour was already taken.