Animation Project - Animate your Story & Cause
Creative Animation Lesson
Have fun, express yourself, and use your creativity to create positivity! We would like to create your own creative portfolio, which will show and tell who you are.
- Each unit is 8 sessions ($360 per unit, $30/hr rate).
- Regular Class Length: 90 min
- Starting the week of November 2, 2020
- Available Class Days/Time:
- Grades 2-3: 90min, T or W 3:30PM PST (= 6:30PM EST)
- Grades 4-5: 90min, M, TH, or F 3:30PM PST (=6:30PM EST)
- Grades 5-8: 90min, M, TH, or F 5:00PM PST (=8PM EST)
- Age Groups: G2-3, G4-5, G5-8
- Learning Objective of Animation Project class will guide you the creative and logical steps to develop, manage, and complete your own animation project.
- Choose your own topic
- Explore the foundational concepts of Animation
- Discover and experiment the tools to create animations
- Explore and learn from various animators
- Unit Topics: Climate Change, Energy, Food, Transportation, Waste, Water, Ecosystems, Relationships, Community, Hero, Friendly Duo, and etc
Unit 1 (8 weeks): Animate for a Cause - Climate Change
- Unit Goal: Students will develop an animated short production about Climate Change. We will discuss what climate change is and why it's important. We will also gather information that will be used to express our own climate change story, perspective, and voice.
- End Product:
- Put together research
- Create a storyboard
- Produce an animated short
- Class Schedule (Eight 90-min lessons):
- Week 1: What is climate change and how has it effected our lives? How to Draw in Rough Animator (basic UI elements)?
- Week 2: Brainstorm your Climate Story! How do you animate?
- Week 3: Write a film treatment? Using Layers!
- Week 4: Writing a Script! Freezing Frames
- Week 5: Storyboarding!
- Week 6: Begin the your Animation Production
- Week 7: Continue Animation Production. Add an intro and ending credits. Or start a new project!
- Week 8: Watch Animated Films and Critique
- Materials for Unit 1:
- iPad only
- Stylus Pencil (appxm. $25-33 from Amazon) for iPad (if you don't have an Apple pencil)
- Rough animator (Should download the app, $5)
- Each class: 4-5 spots available
- Homework will primarily consist of continuing projects started during class sessions.
- Teacher: Mr. Sean
- Director of Curriculum and Instruction at Digital Media Academy
- Game designer and art project manager (with various collaborations with game design companies)
- B.S. in Media Arts and Animation, Art Institute of California, San Francisco, CA
- Mr. Sean's Film lessons are also coming soon!
You can join or drop out your classroom anytime. If you join in the middle, the tuition will be prorated for the first month. It's for the first month only.
- After signing up the class, your will be receiving a confirmation email about your class.
Each class has up to 5 spots available.
Absence & Make-up Policy: No make up for the absent online group classes. No refund for the absent online group classes.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: If you cancel before the first class, you will get a full refund. The registration fee (non-refundable $50 for new members) is excluded. If you cancel in the middle, the 50% of the remaining classes will be refunded. Cancellation should be requested in writing.