Writers' Studio Project
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your class sign-up form
- Receive an available group and spot
- Receive the invoice from the admin
- Make a payment (monthly payment due the 1st day of each month)
[Project Objective 2021-2020]
- QX Writers Studio Project would like to help student enjoy writing their thoughts and feelings in various ways and publishing their own books. Lesson topics will be focusing on generating ideas, elaboration, organization, mechanics, and more. And each student will will create and publish one's own simple book this year.
- Class Time (1-hr sessions): M-F, 2PM, 3PM, & 4PM PST -- Contact the admin
- Writers Studio Final Project:
- (All grades) Book Publication with a Student Treasures Publishing Company (additional fee for printing a hardcopy book)
- Grade Group: K, 1, 2-3 (& Advanced)
- Once a week, class length: 1 hour
- Classroom Name and Tuition Rate
- Classroom ONE $50/hr
- Classroom TWO $40/hr
- Classroom THREE $30/hr
- Classroom Four $20/hr
- Pay by month (=4 sessions)
Writers Studio Lesson Structure:
- Today's Skill Lesson
- Writing Drill
- Introduce Prompt (in line with the final product)
- Week 1: plan and share your ideas
- Week 2: peer editing and editing skills with guided practice
- Homework: (will be related to their book-making projects by age groups)
You can join or drop out your classroom anytime.
When you join, you should pay the tuition of your Classroom # on the first month. Your tuition will be updated from the next month's payment day.
When someone drops out, your tuition will remain the same during that month, but will be updated from the next month's payment day.
Absence & Make-up Policy: No make up for the absent online group classes. No refund for the absent online group classes.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: If you cancel before the first class, you will get a full refund. The registration fee (non-refundable $50 for new members) is excluded. If you cancel in the middle, the 50% of the remaining classes will be refunded. Cancellation should be requested in writing
For each grade group, there are 40 lessons this year starting the first week of September, 2021 and ending the last week of June, 2022.
- Invoice & Payment Policy:
- You will receive the next month's invoice on the 4th Monday of the current month.
- Our admin will send out a Drop & Change Class email on the 3rd Monday of each Month. If you would like to drop off the class or chance groups for the next month, you must notify us by the 3rd week of each month before invoice is issued.
- Once invoice is sent out on the 4th Monday, we will not be able to change the schedule or classroom name.
- Your tuition payment is due the first day of each month.
- Payment after the first class will incur a late fee of $5 per week on the outstanding amount.
- For more, please refer to Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Third Monday of Sept.(9/20): Deadline for dropping off the class or taking a break
- Fourth Monday of Sept.(9/27): Invoice date (**No change on Classroom Name after the date)
- First Day of Oct. (10/4): Tuition payment due
- Late payment fee: $5 per week will be applied after the first class